When editing at home with my desktop computer and not on the fly with my laptop, I run into a problem posting because of the amount of plugins I have on my editor. There are many plugins that add an icon on your editor and in turn creates an overlapping that blocks you from clicking on other essential icons. If you do not have an HD layout you will find this instant fixer (TinyMCE Advanced):
This plugin adds 16 plugins to TinyMCE: Advanced HR, Advanced Image, Advanced Link, Advanced List, Context Menu, Emotions (Smilies), Date and Time, IESpell, Layer, Nonbreaking, Print, Search and Replace, Style, Table, Visual Characters and XHTML Extras.
Language Support: The plugin interface in only in English, but the TinyMCE plugins include several translations: German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese and Japanese. More translations are available at the TinyMCE web site.
Some of the features added by this plugin
- Imports all CSS classes from the main theme stylesheet and add them to a drop-down list.
- Support for making and editing tables.
- In-line css styles.
- Advanced list and image dialogs that offer a lot of options.
- Search and Replace while editing.
- Support for XHTML specific tags and for (div based) layers……Learn More
After uploading this plugin you can go to settings, click on “TinyMCE Advanced” and move the icons around with your mouse until you find the look that accommodates you the most.
Need an easy to use video player that can play Flv, MP4 and H.264 video formats, yes, this one does:
FV WordPress Flowplayer plugin is a free, easy-to-use, and complete solution for embedding FLV or MP4 videos into your posts or pages.
- Plugin contains unmodified opensource version of Flowplayer 3.2.3. This version of our FV player plugin does include Flowplayer branding. Last version without branding is 1.0.6.
- Supported video formats are FLV, H.264, and MP4. Multiple videos can be displayed in one post or page.
- Plugin tested compatible with all WordPress versions from 2.5 through 3.0.1
- Default options for all the embedded videos can be set in comprehensive administration menu.
- In comparison with WordPress Flowplayer plugin, there are several improvements:
- Doesn’t use jQuery, so there will be no future conflicts with other plugins.
- Usage is simpler and forgiving, making the plugin easier to use.
- It will never display any annoying flowplayer logos or copyrights over your videos. (No longer true. Future Foliovision unbranded non-Flowplayer plugin in preparation.)…..Learn More
Installing and activating TheThe Sliding Panels plugin on your WordPress site will cause activation of the following widget areas: Top Sliding Panel, Bottom Sliding Panel, Left Sliding Panel, Right Sliding Panel, and Modal Window. You can set all parameters of a panel as well as add any widget into each Sliding Panel/Modal Window widget area.
It is not necessary to use all Sliding Panels and Modal Window on your website. You are free to activate only the panels that you need on your webpage because even if activated, any sliding panel remains invisible until a widget is placed in the corresponding widget area.
Why use Sliding Panels on your website?
Sliding panels help in improving your website by:
- Increasing usability of your webpage: Using sliding panels on your main webpage enhances the user experience, makes it easy to use by visitors as well as makes your website look more aesthetic and professional.
- Avoiding multiple pages with smaller elements: Having to load pages over and over is annoying for many users and avoiding that is definitely a good thing for your website. With sliding panels, the user doesn’t need to load an entirely new page to access the small elements as they can appear floating on the main page itself.
- Allowing effective use of page space: With sliding panels, you can get rid of those elements that don’t need to be on your main page. For example, rather than putting a full feedback form on each page……Learn More
Or maybe you are interested in customizing your headers:
Dynamic Headers does just what you think it would based on the name – it allows you to create highly dynamic header space on your WordPress site.
Dynamic headers fills a void that has been present for a while in WordPress. It is a small, easy to use plugin that allows you to manage what header media is shown on each page/post. Unlike some other plugins however, this plugin allows you to use any image file OR a .swf Flash file. So you are no longer limited to a certain media type for your headers and you are no longer limited to one site-wide header. Enjoy.
- Set different headers for each page and post.
- Use different media types on each page (image files, flash files).
- Cross browser compliant embed code automatically generated.
- Can set default header for pages/posts without set header image.
- Fails gracefully if no header media present for current page.
- Random media for individual pages/posts and default media.
- Alt / Title tag management for images.
- Supports both built in browser uploader or FTP.
- Quick and lightweight………Learn More
So there you have it